“Olivia and Cathie were hanging clothes up for customers when Maline came bursting out of breath saying, ‘Victory!'”
1. Olivia and Cathie were hanging clothes up for customers when Maline came bursting out of breath saying, “Victory!”
Olivia asked, “What victory? Did you win the lottery?”
“Nope,” said Maline. “I won new customers!” Maline was a pretty nice person with black hair and always wore ripped clothes. She was beautiful. Olivia was the nicest person you could meet, with blonde hair and hazel eyes. Cathie (short for Caroline) was a neat girl with a southern accent. Thalia was a girl who was usually nice, but if you crossed her, you would live to regret it, with raven eyes that seemed to be able to pierce through you. And she always wore punk, showing clothes made of black leather.
It started to get really cold. It started to snow. Eventually, it snowed so much that Olivia, Maline, and Cathie were stuck!
2. It was Nate and Caden’s shift at the store. They were very surprised when the road was blocked, but that wasn’t enough to keep them from shoveling through it.
3. It seemed to be hard for Nate and Caden, but they were determined to shovel through. Then finally, they found the door! They opened the door and the bell jingled. “Oh, thank god!” said Maline, and hugged Nate and Caden. Olivia and Cathie were so relieved, they couldn’t speak. Everyone was freezing.
4. “Let’s talk about those customers,” said Olivia.
“Okay,” said Maline.
“Who are they and how much will they pay?” asked Cathie.
“They will pay a lot,” Maline said. “And they might be the royal family of England.”
5. Everyone in the room was speechless. “WHAT?!” asked and screamed everyone.
“Yes, yes. I know. Cool, right? But they aren’t. They are a billionaire family.”
6. “Yes! We will be the richest store ever!”
7. “Yes, we will. Now, we have to get ready for the family.”
“That’s today?!” asked Olivia.
8. “But the store’s being renovated!” Cathie said.
“Ah, Mrs. Cullen, Mr. Cullen,” curtsied Maline.
9. ”Uhh, you’re here early — ”
Before she knew it, the billionaire wife was drenched with black paint — on her white dress, no less. Mrs. Cullen screamed with rage, loud enough so that the whole country could hear. She stomped out of the room like a child in a tantrum. Her baby boy started to cry. He was scared of the noise.
10. They had to go to court, guilty of ruining the billionaire’s favorite dress. They testified.
11. It was off with their heads, but they found a portal to Mt. Olympus. They fell through a really big hole.
12. They had only ever read about it in books. They never thought it was a real place, but it was. They thought they were dreaming, but they weren’t, not at all.
As she was falling down the big hole, Maline thought of her brother and her sister who she left behind.
“Oof,” said Ryan, Maline’s older brother.
“Ryan, you don’t have to fall over when I throw the football!” said Max, Maline’s sister, who was 9, but Ryan couldn’t catch it because it kept hitting him in the stomach, causing him to fall over. This was the last memory of her family Maline had before she moved to Queensland to start the store with her friends.
As Cathie was falling down the big hole, all she was thinking about was Sarah Ruth, her little sister. She had recently received a letter from her mother (who she was not particularly close with) saying that she disappeared last week. As you can probably imagine, Cathie was devastated to hear the news.
As Bella fell, she thought of the only family she had left, her idiot father. In some ways, she was glad to be away from him, but then she thought of the fact that he wouldn’t notice if a giant teacup started singing and dancing on the dining room table, so surely he wouldn’t notice if she were gone.
As Thalia was falling down the rabbit hole, she was thinking about her dog, Tulip. Tulip was 98 in dog years, pretty old. Thalia missed her dog. She had a strong instinct to scale the rabbit hole and run to her home and get Tulip. Sadly, this could not be done. She was also thinking about her sister, Rue. She also missed her brother, Thresh. They had lived in a small shack made out of wood. Thalia was an introvert who mostly kept to herself. Thalia wondered when the falling would end, and just like that, “BANG!” They hit the floor.